Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

🔍 Search Recipes
Image

Homemade Watermelon Jelly – So Good It Disappears Overnight!

Homemade Watermelon Jelly – So Good It Disappears Overnight!

🍉 Watermelon Jelly

So Good It Disappears Overnight!

"Oh my word. My watermelon jelly turned out so freakin good. Can't stop eating it!"
🍉 Sweet & Refreshing
⏱️ ~45 minutes
⭐ Disappears Fast!
🔥 Water Bath Canner

🍉 The Watermelon Story

"Oh my word. My watermelon jelly turned out so freakin good. Can't stop eating it. Neither can he."

There are some recipes that are just too good. And this watermelon jelly? It's one of them. I made a batch and it was so freakin good — I couldn't stop eating it. And apparently, neither could he.

I mean, I knew it was delicious. But I didn't expect it to disappear in 2 days! 😅

💬 The struggle is real: "Neither can he. He freakin ate almost all of the jar already. Good grief I just made that the day before yesterday."

😱 The Empty Jar Drama

😱

THE EMPTY JAR

🍉

"I asked him if he drank it. He said yes it's delicious."

🤦‍♀️

"I mean geez doesn't he know I made it to set it on the shelf and look pretty?"

😭

"I'm dying inside looking at that empty jar."

🗣️

"You wanna what??? EAT IT??? ARE YOU CRAZY???"

💬 The real tragedy: "I made it to set it on the shelf and look pretty. I'm dying inside looking at that empty jar!"

Look, I make jelly for two reasons: 1) To enjoy it, and 2) To admire it on my shelf. Those beautiful ruby-red jars of sunshine are art, okay? They're not meant to be demolished in 48 hours!

But apparently, he didn't get the memo. He literally asked if he could EAT IT. Like, yes, that's technically what it's for, but ARE YOU CRAZY??? 😂

So here I am. Dying inside. Looking at an empty jar. And already planning to make more because clearly, one batch is never enough.

✨ What Is Watermelon Jelly?

Watermelon jelly is a sweet, refreshing, vibrant pink jelly made from fresh watermelon juice. It captures the essence of summer in a jar — sweet, fruity, and absolutely irresistible.

It's perfect for:

  • 🍞 Toast & biscuits – A sweet summer treat
  • 🎁 Gifts – Beautiful pink jars!
  • 🧀 Cheese pairing – Amazing with cream cheese
  • 🍰 Dessert glaze – For cakes and pastries
  • 🥄 Straight from the jar – Let's be honest...

💡 Pro tip: "Make extra. Trust me. One jar is NEVER enough."

📦 Ingredients

Simple, Sweet, Refreshing

  • 🍉 4 cups watermelon juice – From about 1/2 watermelon
  • 🍬 4 cups sugar – Regular granulated sugar
  • 🍋 2 tbsp lemon juice – For brightness and set
  • 📦 1 box (1.75 oz) Sure-Jell – Powdered pectin

💡 Pro tip: "Use a ripe, sweet watermelon for the best flavor — the jelly is only as good as the fruit!"

📝 Step-by-Step Instructions

Step 1 – Prepare Your Equipment

  • Prepare your water bath canner, jars, and lids.
  • Keep jars hot until ready to fill.

Step 2 – Juice the Watermelon

  • Cut watermelon into chunks and blend until smooth.
  • Strain through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
  • Measure 4 cups of juice.

💡 Pro tip: "Strain well to remove pulp and seeds for a clear, beautiful jelly!"

Step 3 – Combine Juice and Sure-Jell

  • In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, combine 4 cups watermelon juice and 1 box Sure-Jell.
  • Whisk until fully dissolved.
  • Bring to a rolling boil over high heat.

⚠️ Important: "Make sure the Sure-Jell is fully dissolved before it boils!"

Step 4 – Add Sugar

  • Slowly add 4 cups sugar while whisking constantly.
  • Bring back to a rolling boil.
  • Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.

💡 Pro tip: "Whisk constantly to prevent scorching — sugar syrup burns fast!"

Step 5 – Add Lemon Juice

  • Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and stir well.
  • Remove from heat.

Step 6 – Skim Foam

  • Use a spoon or mesh strainer to skim the foam off the top.
  • This gives you a clear, beautiful jelly.

Step 7 – Jar It Up

  • Pour hot jelly into prepared, hot jars.
  • Leave 1/4 inch headspace.
  • Wipe rims clean, add lids and rings.

Step 8 – Process in Water Bath

  • Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
  • Remove jars and cool on a dishtowel.

💡 Pro tip: "Listen for that satisfying 'pop' — and try not to eat it all in one sitting!"

🥫 How to Store Your Watermelon Jelly

  • 🏠 Pantry: Up to 1 year in a cool, dark place
  • 🧊 Refrigerator after opening: Use within 2-3 weeks
  • 🚫 Warning: May disappear in 48 hours if left unattended

💡 Pro tip: "Hide at least one jar. You know, for emergencies. Or for looking pretty on the shelf."

💡 Pro Tips – From Someone Who Knows

  • 🍉 Use ripe watermelon: The sweeter the fruit, the better the jelly.
  • 🧃 Strain well: A clear juice makes a beautiful jelly.
  • 🍬 Measure precisely: Sugar and pectin need exact ratios.
  • 🔒 Hide a jar: Trust me. Hide at least one.
  • 😱 Make extra: One batch is NEVER enough.
  • 🎁 Gift some: Or don't. Keep it all. I won't judge.
  • 😭 Accept the empty jar: It happens. Make more!

⚠️ IMPORTANT WARNING: This jelly is dangerously delicious. Side effects may include:

  • 🍉 Empty jars on the counter
  • 😱 Shock at how fast it disappeared
  • 😭 Sobbing over empty jars
  • 🗣️ Asking "ARE YOU CRAZY???"

❓ Frequently Asked Questions

❓ Can I use seedless watermelon?
Yes! Seedless works great. Just strain to remove any seeds.

❓ Why did my jelly disappear so fast?
Because it's DELICIOUS. Make extra next time!

❓ How long does this last?
Up to 1 year unopened — if you can keep it that long.

❓ Can I use this as a gift?
Yes, but be prepared for people to ask for more.

❓ Should I hide a jar?
YES. Hide at least one for yourself.

❓ Why did he eat it all?
Because it's delicious. He has no self-control. 😂

❓ Can I make this with less sugar?
Use low-sugar pectin for a reduced-sugar version.

❓ What if I have no self-control?
Make two batches. You're welcome.

❓ Can I freeze this?
Yes, but why would you? It's too good to freeze!

❓ Are you going to make more?
YES. And this time, I'm hiding a jar. 😉

📄 Printable Recipe Card

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║                    WATERMELON JELLY                                 ║
║           So Good It Disappears Overnight!                          ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

YIELD: 4-5 half-pint jars | TIME: ~45 minutes

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                         INGREDIENTS
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

- 4 cups watermelon juice (from ~1/2 watermelon)
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 box (1.75 oz) Sure-Jell

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                         INSTRUCTIONS
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

1. Prepare canner, jars, and lids.

2. Juice watermelon and strain to get 4 cups of juice.

3. In a large pot, combine watermelon juice and Sure-Jell.
   Whisk until dissolved. Bring to a rolling boil.

4. Slowly add sugar, whisking constantly.
   Bring back to a rolling boil and boil for 1-2 minutes.

5. Add lemon juice and stir.

6. Remove from heat. Skim foam.

7. Pour into prepared jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.

8. Process in water bath for 10 minutes.

9. Cool, seal, and try not to eat it all in one sitting!

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                      WARNING ⚠️
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

This jelly is dangerously delicious.
Side effects may include:
- Empty jars on the counter
- Shock at how fast it disappeared
- Sobbing over empty jars
- Asking "ARE YOU CRAZY???"

MAKE EXTRA. HIDE A JAR. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. 😂

"Oh my word. My watermelon jelly turned out so freakin good.
 He freakin ate almost all of the jar already.
 You wanna what??? EAT IT??? ARE YOU CRAZY???" 🍉❤️😱
            
🍉 Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purposes only. Always follow safe canning practices. This recipe is not responsible for empty jars, broken hearts, or people eating all your jelly in 48 hours.

© CanningRebels — Watermelon Jelly

Comments

✖