Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

🔍 Search Recipes
Image

Canned Butter – 16½ Pints, 5+ Years Shelf Life!

Canned Butter – 16½ Pints, 5+ Years Shelf Life!

🧈 Canned Butter

16½ Pints – 5+ Years Shelf Life!

"I started buying an extra butter every time I go grocery shopping." 🧈💰
🧈 13 Lbs Butter
🥫 16½ Pints
📅 5+ Years
💰 Price Doubled!
⭐ Smart Stocking!

📌 In This Guide

🧈 The Butter Stockpile

I started buying an extra butter every time I go grocery shopping. I love butter and the prices were climbing, so I was trying to stock up. They're now double the price from when I started! I'm glad I got them! 1/2 salted, 1/2 unsalted, canned them like I would can meat. I know, some folks don't process their butter, but I always have. Anyway, I got 16 & 1/2 pints out of 13 pounds of butter, now ready for the shelf and good for 5+ years. Juuuuust in case.

Why This Was a Brilliant Move

  • 📈 Price doubled – Bought before the increase
  • 🧈 13 pounds – A serious stockpile
  • 🥫 16½ pints – Perfect portion sizes
  • 📅 5+ years – Long-term shelf stability
  • 🧂 50/50 split – Salted and unsalted for all recipes
  • 💪 Peace of mind – "Juuuuust in case"

💰 The Smart Move

$3-4 Original Price per Lb
$6-8 Current Price per Lb
$39-52 Original Cost (13 lbs)
$78-104 Current Cost (13 lbs)

Your Savings

  • 💰 You saved: $39-52 by buying early!
  • 📈 Price increase: 100% – they doubled!
  • 🧈 13 lbs butter – Secured at the right time
  • 💪 Smart stocking: "I love butter and the prices were climbing, so I was trying to stock up."

📦 What You Need

Equipment & Ingredients

  • 🧈 Butter – Salted and/or unsalted
  • 🥫 Pressure canner – With rack
  • 📦 Pint or half-pint jars – With lids and bands
  • 🧂 Salt (if canning unsalted) – Optional
  • 🧹 Jar lifter & bubble remover
💡 Pro Tip: "1/2 salted, 1/2 unsalted" – canning both gives you options for all your recipes!

📝 Step-by-Step Instructions

Step 1

Melt the Butter

Gently melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Do not let it boil – just melt until liquid.

Step 2

Prepare Jars

Sterilize your jars and keep them warm. This prevents cracking when you add hot butter.

Step 3

Fill Jars

Carefully ladle melted butter into warm jars, leaving 1 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean.

Step 4

Seal & Process

Apply lids and bands (fingertip-tight). Process in pressure canner at 10-11 PSI for 45 minutes (adjust for altitude).

Step 5

Cool & Store

Let pressure drop naturally. Remove jars and cool for 12-24 hours. Check seals, label, and store.

Step 6

Enjoy for Years

Your butter is now shelf-stable for 5+ years! Open when needed and enjoy!

💡 Pro Tip: "I know, some folks don't process their butter, but I always have." – Processing ensures long-term shelf stability and peace of mind.

🔬 Why Can Butter?

The Benefits of Canned Butter

  • 📦 Long-term storage – 5+ years on the shelf
  • 🧊 No freezer space – Frees up valuable freezer room
  • 💰 Buy ahead – Stock up when prices are low
  • 🌿 Ready to use – Just open and use
  • Emergency preparedness – "Juuuuust in case"

📢 The result: "I got 16 & 1/2 pints out of 13 pounds of butter, now ready for the shelf and good for 5+ years. Juuuuust in case."

📦 Storage & Shelf Life

How to Store Your Canned Butter

  • 🏠 Store in a cool, dark place – Pantry or basement
  • 🌡️ Avoid heat – Keep away from stoves and direct sunlight
  • 📦 Shelf life – 5+ years
  • 🔍 Check seals – Press the center of each lid before storing
  • 🏷️ Label clearly – Write "Butter – Salted" or "Butter – Unsalted" and the date

📄 Canned Butter – Complete Guide

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║              CANNED BUTTER                                            ║
║           13 lbs → 16½ Pints – 5+ Years Shelf Life                   ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

INGREDIENTS:
- Butter (salted and/or unsalted)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Gently melt butter over low heat (do not boil)
2. Sterilize jars and keep them warm
3. Ladle melted butter into warm jars (1" headspace)
4. Wipe rims clean
5. Apply lids (fingertip-tight)
6. Pressure can at 10-11 PSI for 45 minutes
7. Let pressure drop naturally
8. Cool 12-24 hours, check seals
9. Label and store in cool, dark place

STORAGE: 5+ YEARS

YIELD:
- 13 lbs butter → 16½ pints
- ½ salted, ½ unsalted

"I started buying an extra butter every time 
I go grocery shopping. They're now double the 
price from when I started!" 🧈💰
    

❓ Frequently Asked Questions

❓ Why can butter?
Long-term storage, no freezer space needed, and the ability to stock up when prices are low.

❓ How long does canned butter last?
5+ years when properly stored in a cool, dark place.

❓ Do I need to use salted or unsalted butter?
Both work! Canning both gives you options for all recipes. "1/2 salted, 1/2 unsalted" is a great strategy.

❓ Why process butter?
Processing ensures shelf stability and prevents spoilage. "Some folks don't process their butter, but I always have."

❓ Can I water bath can butter?
No – butter must be pressure canned for safety and shelf stability.

❓ What if I don't have a pressure canner?
You can freeze butter, but it won't be shelf-stable like canned butter.

❓ How do I use canned butter?
Just open and use it like regular butter! Perfect for baking, cooking, or spreading.

❓ Was it worth stocking up?
Absolutely! "They're now double the price from when I started! I'm glad I got them!"

📋 Pantry Stockpile Checklist

  • ☐ 16½ pints canned butter
  • ☐ ½ salted, ½ unsalted
  • ☐ Labeled with dates
  • ☐ Stored in cool, dark place
  • ☐ 5+ years of butter!
⚠️ This information is for educational purposes. Always follow safe canning guidelines from trusted sources. Adjust processing time for your altitude.

© HeritageKeepers — Canned Butter | 13 lbs → 16½ Pints 🧈
❤️ Stocking up, saving money, and sleeping better at night – juuuuust in case!

Comments