Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

🔍 Search Recipes
Image

Cream of Anything Dry Mix – Ditch the Canned Soup!

Cream of Anything Dry Mix – Ditch the Canned Soup!

🥣 Cream of Anything Dry Mix

Ditch the Canned Soup – Make Your Own!

"In light of the new Campbell's Soup information… I thought I would share my cream of anything dry mix again." 🥣✨
🥣 Homemade Mix
💰 Pennies Per Batch
🌿 No Preservatives
Better Than Canned!
⭐ Pantry Essential!

📖 The Story

In light of the new Campbell's Soup information… I thought I would share my cream of anything dry mix again. I posted it months back, but here it is again.

Why Make Your Own Cream of Anything Mix?

  • 💰 Cost savings – Pennies per batch vs $2+ per can
  • 🌿 No preservatives – You control what goes in
  • 🧂 Low sodium – Control the salt yourself
  • 🥣 Versatile – Cream of mushroom, chicken, celery, and more
  • 📦 Pantry stable – Lasts for months
  • 😋 Better flavor – Fresh ingredients make a difference

📝 The Recipe

Here is the recipe again – save it, share it, and never buy canned cream soup again!

Ingredients

  • 🥛 2 cups milk powder
  • 🌽 1½ cups cornstarch – (I prefer arrowroot powder)
  • 🧅 4 tablespoons onion powder
  • 🌿 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 🌿 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 🌿 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 🌿 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 🧂 ¼ cup chicken bouillon
💡 Pro Tip: "I prefer arrowroot powder" – Arrowroot is a great cornstarch substitute and gives a silky texture.

Instructions

  1. Combine – In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
  2. Store – Transfer to an airtight container of your choice.
  3. Label – Write "Cream of Anything Mix" and the date.
  4. Use – ⅓ cup mix + 1-1½ cups liquid (cream, milk, or water).

📦 Storage tip: "Mix together and store in container of your choice" – A mason jar works perfectly!

🥣 How to Use Your Cream of Anything Mix

Basic Instructions

  • 🥄 Measure: ⅓ cup of dry mix
  • 💧 Add liquid: Slowly add 1-1½ cups cream, milk, or water
  • 🔥 Cook: Whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened
  • 👅 Taste: Adjust seasoning as needed

💡 Pro Tip: "I use 1/3 cup of the dry mix and slowly add in cream, milk or water until I reach my desired consistency." – This is the secret to the perfect cream soup!

🎨 Cream of Anything – Variations

Make It Your Own

  • 🍄 Cream of Mushroom – Add ½ cup sautéed mushrooms
  • 🐔 Cream of Chicken – Add ½ cup cooked, shredded chicken
  • 🌿 Cream of Celery – Add ½ cup sautéed celery
  • 🧀 Cream of Cheese – Add ½ cup shredded cheddar
  • 🥦 Cream of Broccoli – Add ½ cup cooked, chopped broccoli

🍲 What to Make with Your Mix

🍲Casseroles
🥣Soups
🌿Gravy
🍝Pasta Sauces
🥔Scalloped Potatoes
🧀Mac & Cheese

Creative Uses

  • 🍲 Casseroles – Any casserole that calls for cream of mushroom or chicken soup
  • 🥣 Soups – Creamy soups, chowders, and bisques
  • 🌿 Gravy – A quick and easy gravy base
  • 🍝 Pasta sauces – Creamy Alfredo-style sauces
  • 🥔 Scalloped potatoes – The perfect creamy sauce
  • 🧀 Mac & cheese – A creamy cheese sauce base

📄 Cream of Anything Dry Mix – Full Recipe

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║              CREAM OF ANYTHING DRY MIX                               ║
║           Ditch the Canned Soup – Make Your Own!                    ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups milk powder
- 1½ cups cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup chicken bouillon

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Mix all ingredients together
2. Store in an airtight container
3. Label with date

TO USE:
- ⅓ cup dry mix
- 1-1½ cups cream, milk, or water
- Whisk over medium heat until thickened

VARIATIONS:
🍄 Cream of Mushroom – Add sautéed mushrooms
🐔 Cream of Chicken – Add cooked chicken
🌿 Cream of Celery – Add sautéed celery
🧀 Cream of Cheese – Add shredded cheddar

"In light of the new Campbell's Soup 
information… I thought I would share 
my cream of anything dry mix again." 🥣✨
    

💰 The Savings

$2-3 Per Can Canned Soup
$0.50-1 Per Batch Homemade
$1.50-2 Savings Per Batch!

Why This is a Game Changer

  • 💰 Save money – Homemade costs a fraction of canned
  • 🌿 No preservatives – Just real ingredients
  • 🧂 Control sodium – Use low-sodium bouillon
  • 🥣 Better flavor – Fresh, homemade taste
  • 📦 Pantry stable – Always ready when you need it

❓ Frequently Asked Questions

❓ Can I use this as a 1:1 substitute for canned cream soup?
Yes! ⅓ cup mix + 1-1½ cups liquid equals one can of cream soup.

❓ Why use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch?
Arrowroot gives a silky texture and is gluten-free. It's a great substitute!

❓ How long does this mix last?
Stored in an airtight container, it lasts 6-12 months.

❓ Can I use this in any recipe that calls for cream soup?
Yes! Use it in casseroles, soups, and any recipe that calls for canned cream soup.

❓ Is this gluten-free?
Yes, if you use arrowroot powder and gluten-free bouillon.

❓ Can I use water instead of milk?
Yes, but milk or cream gives a richer, creamier result.

❓ What about the Campbell's news?
Many people are looking for alternatives to canned soups. This mix is the perfect solution!

❓ Can I add other seasonings?
Absolutely! Customize it to your taste.

📋 Pantry Checklist

  • ☐ Cream of Anything Dry Mix – Made and stored
  • ☐ Labeled with date
  • ☐ No more canned soup needed!
  • ☐ Ready for casseroles, soups, and more
⚠️ This recipe is shared with love and practicality. Every time you make it, you're saving money, eating better, and taking control of your pantry.

© HeritageKeepers — Cream of Anything Dry Mix | Ditch the Canned Soup! 🥣
❤️ "In light of the new Campbell's Soup information… I thought I would share my cream of anything dry mix again." – Better, cheaper, and healthier!

Comments

  1. According to others recipes online this one has double the cornstarch and double the onion powder. Did the author make a mistake? Why so much more?

    ReplyDelete